Applying for funding
How the application process works
We welcome submissions from community groups of all shapes and sizes - all we ask is that you are not a registered charity as we are looking to support smaller groups who struggle to find funding elsewhere.
What steps does your application go through?
- Upon receiving your application we check your submission alongside our criteria. Please enter as full as information as possible and submit images to go with your entry, as this helps us to get a real feel for your group and what you're all about
- If you meet our criteria, and score well against what we’re looking for, you’ll be shortlisted by our head office team
We shortlist by region to cover the whole of the UK, and organise entries by area - however, there is no limit to how many applicants we can have in each region - the more the merrier.
- This year, deadline for entries was 31 July 2017
- We announced the shortlisted groups on 1 September
- From 1 September online voting began - giving the public the chance to show us which groups are the most valued in their local communities
- The 2017 winners have now been announced
- Winners will receive their £500 contribution in December (based on all necessary paperwork having been supplied to Skipton Building Society)
The Grassroots Giving Team